Monday, November 15, 2010

Yes, we're still in Townsville!

Tigger had his stitches out after two weeks and seemed to be doing fine. Just before his last checkup we confidently stocked up with food and paid Quarantine $90 for an Animal Export Permit. We just had to wait for the weather to settle a bit.

However, the vet saw that the ulcer on his cornea had deteriorated since the cone had come off. So, we put the cone back on and made an appointment with a veterinary ophthalmologist who will be visiting Townsville at the end of the month.

It’s looking increasingly unlikely that we’ll be able to leave for the Solomon Islands. It requires immediate and complete healing of Tigger’s eye. If the specialist recommends surgery or other treatment, followup will take us well into December and we’ll have to head south.

We haven’t yet figured out Plan B. Oh well!